I've always run hot and cold with sewing where I'll be super busy with projects for a couple weeks and then not touch my sewing machine for six months. That started changing when we set up a sewing corner in our bedroom, but after getting a new sewing machine the weekend of Thanksgiving I just keep coming up with more and more to do!
In the recent past I have made an onbuhimo, reusable produce bags, several wet bags, three mei tais, two dance bags, Sophia's pajama pants, matching pajamas for all of us, a half dozen fleece soakers, and three pairs of pajama pants for a friend. That's what I remember, anyway. I'm sure there's more. On top of all of that I've also hemmed about a dozen pairs of pants and jeans for myself and friends!
So, my new machine is definitely getting a workout, but its not getting a break quite yet. I'm mid-project with another set of pajamas and have several projects in the wings, including another mei tai, a ring sling for myself, church bags for both kids, pajama pants for Sophia, a few more soakers for Collin, and possibly new place mats! I seriously need to quit finding cute projects and/or fabric!

No comments:
Post a Comment