I don't know if its just the turn towards cold, snowy weather or if I'm actually experiencing this phenomenon they call nesting already, but this weekend I have been OVERCOME by an intense need to clean and organize the house. Not that the house was necessarily un-organized to begin with, but I just can't shake the urge. So yesterday while Brad was at the basketball game I went to work. After cleaning the main floor of the house as I do most Saturdays I felt it needed a better once-over. So I proceeded to re-vacuum and mop every flooring surface on the main floor. I even got down on hands and knee (yes, only one) to scrub the entryway floor since it just seems SO dirty with the snow/sand we track in this time of year. Then when that was all done I drug my poor friend Crystal out to go paint shopping for the nursery.
Almost immediately after returning home I decided it was a good time to tackle the basement, which has slowly become a dumping ground for everything we didn't have a place for in the rest of the house. Fortunately, Brad came home before I started hauling things I shouldn't have been lifting around. So poor Brad got suckered into making a trip to Menards after church this morning so that we could buy shelving for the basement and get it good and organized. I can proudly say, though, that our basement is now almost completely organized. Too bad we've got an entire corner of empty boxes to recycle now! Good thing we've got friends with trucks to help us haul them to the recycling dumpsters down the street!!!!
Now its off to try to sit still long enough to watch a movie we've been waiting to see and then tackle putting new knobs on the closet doors in the baby's room.
Wish me luck!
LuCinda

No comments:
Post a Comment