Image and video hosting by TinyPic

August 9, 2011

Four Weeks Old

I can't believe my little boy is four weeks old already!  As everyone warned it would, time is going even faster now that I have two kiddos.  I do my best to cherish at least one little moment each and every day, though, as I know I will look back so very fondly at those moments one day.

Collin is doing great.  He is still eating and sleeping well with the exception of last night, when he felt the need to fuss every 20 minutes or so for me to put his pacifier back in.  We're all praying it was a fluke that does not continue tonight!  We haven't had him weighed since our last appointment, but Brad and I are both sure he is gaining weight and he definitely seems to be getting more efficient at eating, only taking 15-20 minutes at a time now instead of 30-plus.  He is just such a content little boy overall and especially loves to be all snuggled up in the Moby wrap while we attend all of Sophia's activities!

Sophia is still loving being a big sister.  She randomly runs up to me to check on where Collin is and how he is doing, often times stopping to give him a quick kiss and pat on the bottom before she moves on to her next activity.  We still have only seen one episode of jealousy and even that was very minor and short lived.  She is currently gearing up to start dance in two short weeks and preschool in three.  We are going in next week to do a morning visit with me in tow so she can check out her new surroundings.  So far she is extremely excited!

This weekend we are heading back to Hospers to introduce Collin to both sets of Brad's grandparents and spend some time with "far grandma and grandpa".  I'm a little nervous about the car ride as Collin has decided he was starving while I was driving the last two days, but if all else fails Brad can drive while I pump which was something we did often in the early months with Sophia.  I'm really excited to have the new, bigger vehicle to pack everything in as we were about to outgrow the trunk of Brad's car on our last trip home.

No comments: