Over the past month we've been gearing up for Sophia to start preschool. Two weeks ago we got to go in for a visit where I stayed with her. She had a blast, but was very conscientious of me staying close.
Today was her very first day on her own. She got up and ate breakfast great, was excited to brush her hair and teeth and get dressed, and even made her own bed! She kept telling me how excited she was and actually had her shoes and backpack on about 30 minutes before we were scheduled to leave! We took the obligatory photos, of course, and off we went. Upon arriving at preschool it was raining so she broke out her new princess umbrella and practically sprinted to the doors. Once we got down to preschool she diligently hung up her backpack, said a quick greeting to Miss Becki and Miss Lindsey, and was off to circle time with Miss Sydney. Did you notice a missed step in there? I sure did. Miss Lindsey had to remind her to come back and say goodbye to Collin and I!! I guess she really was excited and those fears I had of a tearful goodbye were unfounded.
Hopefully her morning continues to go that well. As for mom, I'm hanging in there. Its actually quite a lot like my wedding day. I'm torn between laughing and crying, but haven't shed a tear yet. Collin is peacefully sleeping and I'm going to hit the treadmill for my very first post-baby run (or slow jog more likely).
 |
| Ready to go |
 |
| She had to show off her new backpack! |
 |
| Cheesy smile |
 |
The mad dash inside. She was so fast
this was the only picture I could get! |
 |
| Backpack hung up, quick Hello to Miss Becki |
1 comment:
Congrats on doing a great job of being a Mommy and getting Sophia ready for her next step in life, school. I am sure she loved it and will have so much to tell you about tonight!
Post a Comment