November 20, 2012
Earrings
We have talked off and on over the past two years about getting Sophia's ears pierced and its something she has said she wanted done "some day". This past week we were at the mall to let her burn off some energy and Brad pointed out another little girl getting her ears pierced. Sophia got over the top excited and started jumping up and down asking if she could get her ears pierced. We told her to go play and we would discuss it. For some reason, although I had always said I would be okay with it, I struggled with the thought of my baby girl getting her ears pierced as it just seemed too grown up! In the end Brad and I agreed it would be part of her Christmas present. I talked to her about how it would hurt, to which she insisted it would be like a shot, which she doesn't cry about anymore. So, into the store we went. She picked out a pair of earrings to match mine and sat up in the chair like such a big girl. After the first ear she said it didn't hurt, but when the gal went to switch to the second ear there were a few tears. All in all, though, she did great. As soon as she saw her pretty new earrings in the mirror all the tears were gone and she was excited to go get a pretzel and show them off to anyone she could! She has been amazing at letting me clean them, even taking over turning them herself three times a day. I'm still a little sad as they do make her look older, but I'm glad we went ahead and did it when she asked and was excited for it. She does look cute as all get out with them in! That also means I'm officially done buying Christmas presents for her, I just need a few stocking stuffers! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment