Image and video hosting by TinyPic

November 19, 2012

Did you miss me?

I can't believe its been since Halloween since I got a blog post up.  We've been busy as usual and every time I sat down to write something something would come up or someone would need me.  Thus is life!

So, what have we been up to?  A little bit of everything!  Sophia has been keeping busy at school and dance, including a fabulous school conference where the only complaint her teachers had was that they wished she was there more.  She is always well behaved, polite, and excited to learn and try new things.  We couldn't be more proud!  They have absolutely no doubts that she will be ready for kindergarten in the fall (tear) and neither do we.

Collin's teeth are still his biggest trouble-maker.  He finally has three molars all the way through and one point of the fourth came through this weekend.  Unfortunately, we've still got to get the rest of that one through and I can already see the canines popping up as well.  The poor kid just can't catch a break with teething.  I don't know what we would do without his teething necklace, though, as even just taking it off for an hour turns him into a drooling, fussy mess.  We are also fighting reactions to what we can only assume is cross contamination from dairy.  Three times in the last two weeks we have fed him something we thought was safe, only to have him react.  I am forever thankful that his reactions are not severe enough to carry an epi pen, but watching his little face break out and hearing his tummy gurgle is miserable.  Not to mention the diapers!  Oh, the diapers!  When we first made his appointment with the allergist I was honestly not convinced we needed it, but now I can't wait to be seen and see if they can shed any light on the situation for us.  Poor boy needs a break!

This weekend is Thanksgiving already and we have so much to be thankful for, including our best friends moving back to the Des Moines area!  We will be staying home and spending Thursday alone with our little family of four, but are very much looking forward to it.  Then Saturday we will meet them at their new place and get to work getting them unpacked and settled in.

No comments: