We all did great with Sophia's first day of kindergarten yesterday. I dropped her off without a single tear from either of us! Since it was the first day I left the two littles with Grandma and took Sophia on my own so I could park and walk her up to meet her teacher. She spotted Mrs. Krohn and immediately ran up to give her a hug. Phew, love it! Then she headed to the back of the line to wait for her instructions to go in. I snapped a few pictures in line and she quickly spotted a preschool friend to gab with. They busied themselves comparing lunches and the moms were soon forgotten! I did sneak into line for a quick hug and kiss and "love you" just before we got the signal for them to head into the school. A quick wave, a HUGE smile, and she was off.
From school I decided to treat my mom and myself to some "fancy" coffee so hit the drive through of Caribou and headed back home. Still, not a single tear shed. :-)
After school was over I went to pick her up and once again all the parents were parking and walking up so I joined the masses. She spotted me, checked in with her teacher to let her know she was leaving, and off she came.....still smiling. When I asked if she wanted to go back again the next day she said yes, "Kindergarten is cool, mom"!! LOVE, LOVE LOVE!
This morning she was just as excited to get ready and asked me if I would walk her to the door again or just drop her at the curb like I normally do. When I told her I wasn't sure how it would work this morning she politely requested to be left at the curb because, you know, she's done this before! If I had any doubt that she was ready that right there squashed it!

No comments:
Post a Comment