Image and video hosting by TinyPic

August 13, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Kindergarten

Well, its here, the night before Sophia's first day of kindergarten!  Last night we went and met her teacher, Mrs. Krohn, saw the table she will sit at, picked her locker, and dropped off her school supplies.  Today we did lots of prep work getting things ready to go (freezer foods for lunches, outfits, etc) and tonight we spent some time talking as a family about any anxieties and excitements she has.  She was tearful at times and giddy at times, but I know when it is all said and done she will love kindergarten.  Man, am I going to miss her, though.  I actually spent almost two hours wide awake in the middle of the night last night thinking about all the things I had hoped to do this summer that we didn't quite get to.  I'm going to miss having two mornings a week to take her to the library, the zoo, and play dates.  Of course, there will be lots of trips with Collin, but it just won't be the same.  Then again, she's going to have so many adventures at kindergarten and I'm so excited to hear all about them.  It just seems odd that her adventures won't always include me anymore.

We've got her outfit all laid out for morning, her lunch packed, and her bag by the front door, though, so she's ready to roll!  The weather is going to be awesome for some perfect first day of school pictures and for as long as she is in my sights I will hold strong and keep smiling just like so many moms that came before me!  :-D






Once I'm out of the parking lot all bets are off, though.

No comments: