This was Collin's week to become a big boy, apparently. On Saturday, Brad decided we should convert the crib to a toddler bed just to see how he did. I thought the timing was awfully fishy with him planning on being out of town this week, but went along with it since its really easy to just pop the side back on again. To Brad's excitement and my surprise, Collin did great. He hasn't tried to sneak out of bed a single time when trying to avoid going to sleep. He's sleeping all night and napping great, even sleeping for three hours yesterday, which is a record for him!
Yesterday he also insisted on having on big boy undies instead of his diapers. So, mid morning we put some undies on and I just kept reminding him to use the potty if he needed to. He repeated several times "no pee 'piderman" so I knew he understood not to go in his undies. He did great all morning and actually woke up dry after his record nap. He then WENT PEE ON THE POTTY!!! He was accident free all day yesterday. We did do a diaper for overnight as his diapers are still just far too full to attempt night training. This morning he tried to go when he got up, but didn't need to. During breakfast, however, he didn't let me know in time and had an accident at the table. I could tell he was really upset about it, but I put him on the potty, got him some clean undies, and we started over again. Tomorrow I will do better to put him on as soon as he wakes up and then again 15 minutes after he gets up. He has now gone pee on the potty twice since breakfast and even went poo on the potty before nap time, all three times telling me he had to go and running for the bathroom. I have reminded him a couple times to tell me if he needs to go, but I'm leaving it up to him to decide when to try.
I'm not convinced that this is our goodbye to diapers, but any success on the potty means one less diaper to wash so I'll take what I can get. This evening's trip to the airport has me a little nervous, but if he wants to wear his big boy undies I'm not going to argue. The carseat cover can be washed and my leather seats wipe down easy enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment