January 31, 2014
SO SICK!
Last Friday Brad came home from work with a little bit of a headache. While a headache is unusual for him, it wasn't severe and he had a long week so we didn't think much of it. Until the middle of the night when all four of us woke up with horrible headaches and sore throats. None of us slept well and were all cuddled into our bed by 5 am alternately dozing and watching TV. We spent Saturday trying to keep the kid's comfortable with ice, cold water, and Motrin. Poor Sophia also threw up a couple times, as is her normal reaction to a fever. That evening we discussed whether we should be seen or not, but thought we would wait and see Sunday morning. Sunday came and we were all just as bad so we headed to Urgent Care. The verdict was that we all had fevers, I had a positive strep test, and the docs best guess was the rest of the family also had it. So we got four prescriptions for antibiotics, loaded up on more Tylenol and Motrin, and headed home to wait for them to kick in. After one dose of antibiotics the kids were feeling better and by Monday morning Brad was, but I woke up Monday feeling worse than ever! I spent all of Monday and Tuesday on the couch watching old TV and slowly eating ice chips, the only thing I could manage to swallow (and just barely). Finally, on Wednesday morning I woke up feeling sick, but at least able to function. Brad went back to work and Collin and I got back into our routine. Last night I finally started swallowing without pain and today I'd say I'm about 90% back to normal. Finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment