Image and video hosting by TinyPic

February 21, 2016

Hello, is this thing on?

Once again, I've been horrible at updating the blog.  My problem is that I go too long and then think there's no possible way to "catch up" without the post being 100 pages long so I start posts, but never end up finishing.  Instead of trying to play catch up, I've decided to just start where we are and go from here.  So, here we go!

We had a busy, but fabulous weekend.  The weather was absolutely amazing Friday and Saturday and just slightly less amazing today so we spent lots of time outside.  Friday evening we played outside from the minute the kids got home from school until the sun went down.  Kites, chalk, basketball, and a family walk were all enjoyed.

Saturday started out bright and early with an 8 am basketball game for Sophia.  From there we came home to work out, play some games, eat lunch, and TAKE A NAP!  Well, at least the adults took a nap.  After we were moving again we went on a family bike ride to the park.  Sophia wanted to ride her own bike instead of the tag along and wanted to go somewhere farther than our local park.  We set out for a park two miles away and she made it the whole way without a single complaint.  After an hour at the park we set back home.  That ride was a bit harder on her, but she hung in like a champ.

Saturday night was date night at our house.  Only, instead of the adults going out we did daddy-daughter and mommy-son dates!  Sophia and Brad went to a dance and out for ice cream and Collin and I went bowling, for ice cream, and through the car wash.  Strangely enough, the car wash was the most exciting part of our evening because WE GOT STUCK IN THE CARWASH!!!!!!  Apparently it was malfunctioning and after the spot free rinse went through four times I decided we needed an escape plan.  Unfortunately, the door to drive out was closed and as I was considering jumping out to hit the emergency door release the whole machine stopped working blocking both of our car doors shut.  Collin started freaking out a bit so I threw the car in reverse and backed my way out of the carwash.  Definitely the most exciting ending to a date I've ever had.  :-)
 


Today was another beautiful day, although a bit cooler.  After Sunday School and church Brad headed off to play volleyball while the kids and I stuck around home for a bit.  Once he was home we headed downtown to go skating at Brenton Skating Plaza.  None of us had ever been ice skating before, but we all had a blast.  After skating for a couple hours we bought some popcorn and headed for a short walk along the Principal River Walk.  We ended the night with grilled burgers and onion rings at home and baths for the kiddos.
 



All in all an amazing weekend and yet another reminder of how blessed I am to have the family I do!

No comments: