Image and video hosting by TinyPic

March 24, 2008

Overnight Stay in L&D

We have a very, very stubborn child already. Yesterday throughout the afternoon we started having some pretty regular contractions that ended up going from 10 minutes down to 4 minutes apart in a pretty regular pattern so we called the doc and headed in to Labor and Delivery.

I ended up being checked (not dilated at all and very long cervix) and observed for a couple hours while walking the halls over and over hoping to make some progress. At about 11:00 they checked me again and still nothing, but they decided to keep me since they could obviously see they were real contractions and they were still coming steadily. They finally got me settled in a room and gave me some Morphine and Ambien so I could get a few hours sleep, but I still had no progress this morning so they sent me on home.

I'm now officially done working as they are still coming 3-5 minutes apart and I can't focus on anything and would be doing NO good at the office. They did at least give me a prescription for Ambien to take at night so I can try to rest through them.

I've got another appointment on Wednesday with one of the doctor's in the group who is known for getting things started if he needs to (i.e. stripping membranes, using Cervadil, etc) so hopefully we will have made a tiny bit of progress by then and he can get things started for us. Worst case scenario they will only let me go about one week past my due date, so that puts us at April 3. I just really hope we don't have an April Fools baby!

Sorry for the long break between updates, but hopefully the next one will be to tell you we have a beautiful baby girl!

No comments: