Image and video hosting by TinyPic

April 26, 2008

Four weeks old

It is hard to believe, but Sophia had her four week birthday yesterday and will be one calendar month old on Monday. So hard to imagine what our lives were like before she came home. We sure were missing out! She is still a very good baby, although we did have two iffy nights in a row last week. I don't know if it was the temperature/pressure changes from the storms or if she was just having a needy couple days, but she just wasn't content at night for us. Last night she was back to her normal, well-sleeping self, thank goodness. She also had her first daddy-daughter night last night as I went over to Ankeny to hang out with Sarah and have some girl time. I needed some "me" time and Brad said they had a wonderful night just hanging out together. I'm so lucky to have such a hands-on husband, aren't I?! He is just so good with her and I know it will only get better from here as she becomes more and more interactive and less fragile appearing.

We have been in talks with Pastor Tom and the family about when to do baptism and it looks like June 1 will work for everyone important so we have set the date. I will be sure to get invitations out to everyone with all the details a little later. Its so nice to have that set up and ready to go. Now we just have to hope she will fit in her little baptism dress!

This week I have been thinking a lot about the fact that my time here at home is coming quickly to an end and how hard it is going to be to leave my little baby girl. I am excited to get back into the swing of things at work, but I really am going to miss our time at home together. Thank goodness my mom and dad will be here to watch her those first couple weeks to help the transition go a little more smoothly. Even though I never thought I would do it I have started thinking of just how nice it would be to be a stay-at-home mom. Maybe someday......but for now I'm happy to be going back to work, especially since we have already socked away daycare expenses for the rest of the year in our flex spending account and I would hate to waste that money.

Okay, I better go get some housework done while the little one is sleeping and Brad is here to help.

Love to all of you!
LuCinda

No comments: