Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there reading this!! We have had such an eventful few days. Brad and I both took Wednesday off for our 3rd wedding anniversary, although despite talking about it the day before neither of us remembered to say anything until the afternoon! In my own defense, I did wake up with a horrible sore throat and cold so I fed the baby quick and then snuck back off to bed. And Brad was so busy taking care of Sophia and working on the basement that he didn't think about it either......how romantic are we?!
Yesterday we headed off to Perry to celebrate Thanksgiving with Tonia and her family. We spent most of the day there just eating, playing cards, eating, talking, eating, and playing the Wii......oh, and did I mention eating? It really was a great day and I'm so glad she invited us up. Sophia sure liked it, too, as she got turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and little chunks of roll.
Finally, I drug myself out of bed just before 5 am to get ready and go Black Friday shopping with Tonia and Betty. This was my very first time venturing out for this great tradition and I LOVED IT!!! I've already told Brad we need to get a sitter next year and go together! By doing this I got more than half my Christmas shopping done in one day. Now we've only got a couple smaller gifts to pick up in the next couple weeks. I even got everything wrapped and under the tree once I was home from shopping. :-)
Today is also Sophia's eight month birthday. Hard to believe she's getting to be such a big girl already! In case you are wondering, no she is not crawling yet, but I'm not the least bit worried. Although, after spending an hour puting up our Christmas decorations, tree included, I realized that she really could start crawling any day now and then we will have to take our tree back down and move it to the office. For now it is glowing in the corner of the living room, though, and she is absolultely enthralled by it!
Well, if you have made it this far you deserve a gold star. Now its time for me to go soak in a hot bath for my aching legs after a long day of shopping.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Gobble, gobble!
LuCinda

No comments:
Post a Comment