Image and video hosting by TinyPic

November 6, 2008

Pears and clapping!

Sophia had her first taste of pears tonight with dinner and as is par for the course, she likes them (of course!). We are so lucky to have such a mellow, happy baby who is up for almost anything.

This week has been quite a week of accomplishments for Miss Sophia. She started apples and pears, moved up to three meals a day, got her first tooth (or at least the start of it), and learned how to clap. Clapping may seem like a small thing, but we are pretty thrilled! At first she would only do it when she wanted to, but now if Brad or I start clapping she will follow along with a big grin on her face. She's also working very hard on mastering the use of her sippy cup. She has done pretty well drinking out of it if we hold it, but we are trying to get her to hold it for herself now. She mostly just plays, but she has managed to get it to her lips a couple of times.

I made a trip to Target this afternoon to get more veggies and fruits to make up for Sophia so we will have lots of new food experiences coming up. I think I'm most excited to see her try avocados, though, as that is more of an "unusual" food for us. I also managed to score about 32 servings of peas for $1.09---that savings right there is enough to keep me making her food until she can move to table foods!

Okay, back to playing on the floor with the princess!

Love,
LuCinda

No comments: