This past weekend we headed back to Hospers and Orange City for the annual tulip festival. I loved it!! Lots of great traditions being shown off and excellent food. We did get some good pictures and I will try to get them up soon. I have to say my favorite part was the street scrubbing before the big parade. A whole gaggle of people come along and wet down the streets and then sweep them off. Very neat to watch. I also really enjoyed the dancers. Several groups performed traditional dutch dances on the street before the parade. Very cool! And the costumes--all ages were dressed up in traditional outfits and I loved it.
Now we have a slow long weekend to hopefully get downtown to the farmer's market and do some work around the house. Next weekend is our big trip to the Omaha Zoo, which should provide even more great experiences and photo ops!

No comments:
Post a Comment