
I suddenly realized that it has been almost two months since I updated my blog! Please forgive my lack of blogging, but this "stay at home" thing keeps me quite busy!! Since my last update we have been booked full each weekend, including a day trip to the Omaha Zoo and a long weekend camping with my family for a reunion. The big updates are that Sophia has taken off walking and is now trying to run! Its so cute because her short little legs can't quite move fast enough and she does that little toddler stumble, which is just too cute.
We also had her 15 month well baby visit this past week. She weighed in at 20 pounds 6 ounces (15%), and was a whopping 28 1/2 inches long (5%). The weight means we can officially, legally turn her around in her carseat, but if you have ever spoken to me about this topic you know we will continue to keep her rear facing. If you would like additional information on extended rear facing please ask, I have quite the file of research going, including updated recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Sophia also got those two scary, nasty shots for MMR and chicken pox. I do have to say that I 100,000% believe there is no legitimate link between autism and the MMR, but I was still nervous about this set of shots because the MMR is a "big" shot and around 5% of kids have some sort of reaction, which is a lot compared to the other vaccines babies routinely get. So far so good in that she hasn't had a reaction! Keep your fingers crossed, though, as the reaction period is actually delayed with these two.
Sophia also spent her first night away from Mommy (or I spent my first night away from her) with Aunt Crystal and Uncle Ryan. She did fabulously and I did pretty well. She has since also stayed a couple times with Grandma and Grandpa Wenger, including two whole nights this past weekend. She always does well, but is always excited to see us again.
We celebrated the fourth of July in Perry and took in the parade, park, live bands, and fireworks. Sophia did so well, but finally conked out about five minutes before the actual fireworks started. Oh well, lots of years to come for watching them! She loved the parade, though! She even enjoyed the noisy firetrucks and police cars. And she got lots of good candy for her mom and dad.
So, there's a lengthly update. I'll try to be better as the summer progresses, but no promises! We are just too busy going, going, going!
LuCinda

No comments:
Post a Comment