Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 29, 2009

18 Months!

Well, I guess I didn't keep my promise, its been almost three months since my last update. My goal is to start blogging the last week of every month at the least so I can keep you all updated, especially since Mom and Dad Wenger will be leaving for Texas in the next month or so!

Today was Sophia's 18 month well visit. She is now 29 1/2 inches long (10%), weighs in at 22 pounds 4 ounces (20%), and has a head in the 60%. Can you believe it? We actually cracked the double digits on height percentile again?! She still isn't into 18 month clothing yet, but that's okay because are getting lots of use out of the clothes she does fit in! A couple weeks ago I bought her THE cutest pair of jeans in 12 month size and they are still too big. Luckily they are the spiffy kind with the adjustable waist so we can make them work. They are a bit long, but with shoes on I think they will be great. Sophia got her final routine vaccine until kindergarten (Hep A) and her flu shot today. She wasn't a big fan, but once she turns 2 she will qualify for the flu mist, which is much easier to get. That's what Brad and I got last year and again today. It feels pretty weird, but actually is thought to work better and last longer so its worth it (plus you don't have to get a shot!).

I'm having a hard time thinking of the big events that have happened over the summer. One was our annual trip to Adventureland with the Beltmans. Sophia got to ride on her first rides, which was great. She also got to go to her first I-Cubs game, where I got hit in the leg with a very fast moving baseball. I got a nasty bruise that took about three weeks to go away and its still a little tender if you push on it too hard. Thankfully it didn't hit a bone because I am sure there would have been some major damage. Otherwise we have just done a lot of camping!

We are in full fall swing at our house. I decorated last week and am getting very excited for Halloween. I even made my first pot of chili for the season yesterday as the temperatures were cool and the wind was howling like it was the dead of winter! Luckily today was a little warmer and we were able to get outside again for a couple walks and some play time.

I better get back to Sophia and Brad!
LuCinda

No comments: