Image and video hosting by TinyPic

October 7, 2009

Adventures in Potty Training

As some people know we have started loosely potty training Sophia. Or I should say Sophia has started potty training us! When she indicates she needs to go we put her on the potty and she goes. Some days we are dry all day, some days she refuses to tell us or put on big girl underwear. Either way I have decided to let her lead and not push too hard. As long as she is potty trained by the time she is 3 I'll be happy!

Anyway, yesterday was one of those days where she refused to indicate she needed to go so she wore a diaper all day. No biggie..........until she woke up with a nasty diaper rash this morning. So I decided that the best and quickest way to get rid of the diaper rash would be a baking soda bath and some freedom. So Sophia went commando today. She did great all morning, going on the potty twice and even staying dry all through nap. We took a trip to the grocery store and she was dry, woohoo! So we eat lunch and head outside to enjoy what quite possibly could be our last warm day this year. I am standing in the driveway talking to a neighbor when Sophia starts fussing and patting her bottom to go potty. I quickly tell the neighbor I must go as we are potty training and rush up to the door. Too late, Sophia has gone potty. Yep, right there on our front steps there is a very large puddle. She was wearing a dress, though, and managed not to get anything on it! So I go in and put her on the potty, but obviously she is done. Oh well, at least it wasn't on the carpet, right?!

Off to work out now, hope you enjoyed the laugh!
LuCinda

No comments: