Image and video hosting by TinyPic

January 23, 2010

Language Explosion!!!!

I have read from several sources that children will go through a "language explosion" shortly before their second birthday. I thought, okay, so she will learn a few new words, awesome! Explosion is definitely the word to describe it, though. Two weeks ago Sophia managed to say 26 new words in a three day span. All of these were unprompted words, some of which we really aren't sure how she learned. One of my personal favorites is sit--she says its more like seeeet, SO CUTE! Since that first explosion she has started saying another 20 or so words, although not as quickly as in that first couple days. It seems every day she comes up with a couple new ones. Her favorite new word is definitely Mickey, which she asks for all day every day. After seeing one episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse she is in love. I have given in and now let her watch one 30 minute episode each day. I actually think it is helping her with her counting skills as she has been working very hard to master her numbers. My favorite part of the show is the Hot Dog Song at the end. We both get up and dance and giggle through the whole thing!

On the potty training front, Sophia went four days without a single accident. Even though I said I would never bribe her to potty train we have given in. The deal is if she goes without an accident she can run around naked--her favorite way to be! Unfortunately, this morning while I slept in she had an accident for Brad. So today she had to get dressed and she was so upset and vocal about it that I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call us in for child abuse! She is now down for a nap and we will start fresh after nap. I figure even going four days at the age of 22 months is quite the accomplishment so I'm counting it as a win! :-)

Better get the house picked up while she is asleep. Love to all of you!

LuCinda

No comments: