Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 14, 2010

5K!

After a long (and sometimes painful) hiatus from running I decided to get back on the horse and give it another try. Brad and I worked together to slowly work our distances and times up to complete a 5K along with our friends Nick and Kara. This past Sunday we met our goal, finishing the Ankeny Optimist 5K. We both went the entire distance without walking and finished with times of 31:34 for me and 31:14 for Brad. WAY TO GO US!!! We are already talking about our next one, too! I really have missed running even though I may not enjoy every minute of the run itself. Hopefully my knee will continue to hold up and be strong enough to continue. I do have one heck of a chiropractor on my side to help with any soreness that might come along, but so far so good.

Our summer has been exceptionally busy as well and I PROMISE to get some updates on here during nap time one of these days. For now, enjoy some pictures!

Playing at Red Rock Reservoire

Big smiles!

Napping on our hike up Harney Peak

No comments: