July 17, 2010
GGGOOOOOAAAALLLL!!!
For the past several months every time Sophia sees a ball she calls it a soccer ball and talks about kicking it and how when she gets "little bigger" she is going to play soccer. In honor of this (and free tickets from the chiropractor) tonight we ventured out to her first "big" soccer game. Last year we watched Hannah and Hailey each play a game, but tonight we went to see the Des Moines Menace play. Sophia was so excited and even convinced us to buy her a pink soccer ball on the way there. As we were pulling into the parking lot you could feel her excitement. We got through the gates and there they were in all their glory warming up! Sophia let out a squeal to announce our arrival and we went off in search of seats. As we were walking there Brad and I each asked her if she needed to go potty since we didn't want to turn around and trudge all the way back down. She insisted that she was fine. After finding the perfect seats (50 yard line, six rows up) we got all settled in. Five minutes later Sophia starts the tell-tale squat. "I have to go potty!". "Okay, where's the potty, I'll take her, are you sure, yep, no problem." Oh, wait, there's a wet spot. Yep, Sophia let it go right there in the stands. And boy was it a lot of pee! Brad and I both looked at each other, shrugged, and scooted our feet over. What else were we to do? Sure, I had extra clothes....in the car....in the parking lot......where we couldn't get to them without buying another ticket to get back in. At least she was wearing a skirt so only we knew what she had done. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice... She was so excited she wet herself. LOVE the story! Hope you enjoyed the game.
Post a Comment