Each year our church puts on a Trunk or Treat event as an alternative (or addition) to Beggar's Night. The past two years I have coordinated and had a blast doing it. This year we decided to go with a Sunday afternoon versus a Wednesday evening and I got nothing except positive feedback so I'm hoping to keep it there!
Thankfully, this is the only trick or treating we do. Collin and I can't eat most of the candy, Sophia loses interest quickly (thank goodness), and none of us need all that junk food. Sophia will still get to wear her costume three times this year, once for the library, once for ToT, and once for her preschool Halloween party so she's happy!
This year Sophia really wanted to be Rapunzel from the movie Tangled and I thought it would be cute to have Collin be Pascal, her trusty sidekick. Unfortunately, you just can't find a commercially-made Pascal costume and the only homemade one I found was over $50---no thank you! So, I drew out a pattern on newspaper using one of his sleepers and bought some fabric. Of course, right after I got the body all sewed together he had a growth spurt, so it was a little snug, but it still did the trick! All in all I spent a whopping $9 on his costume and I think it was well worth it.
 |
| Beautiful Sophia as Rapunzel |
 |
| A good view of the eyes and tail |
 |
| Ready to go! |
No comments:
Post a Comment