Image and video hosting by TinyPic

March 2, 2013

Dairy Trial

This week we decided to give Collin a trial of dairy once again AND HE DIDN'T REACT!!!!  He has had skim milk, whole milk, a little bit of yogurt, and even some string cheese without any reactions!  He isn't really sure about the yogurt as the texture is different than almond yogurt and he tried the cheese, but spit it right back out.  I'm so excited as this opens up so many opportunities for snacks and means that we no longer have to worry about keeping him away from food at any events we attend (church, playgroup, holidays).  I'm going to continue on almond milk just because I prefer the taste, but we have now switched him over to whole milk.  I'm excited to get my hands on a McDonald's Shamrock Shake and a slice of greasy, cheesy pizza!  I will continue to limit my dairy just because I've learned to live without it and its unnecessary calories, but I'm excited to have it as a splurge option!

I think the thing I'm most excited about at the moment, though, is getting to walk to the ice cream shop this summer as a family!

1 comment:

The Family said...

How exciting! Count us in on a bike to the ice cream shop.