Its been a while since my last post, but we've been busy!! First we tackled the project of getting someone in to clean out our basement. Rainbow out of Perry came to our rescue and did an amazing job. We lived in chaos for two days with all of our basement possessions filling up the garage and office, but we survived. While all of that was going on Brad was busy finishing up finals and getting ready to graduate. On May 4 he graduated with his Master's of Science in Information Assurance and to say I'm proud is the biggest understatement of the year. He not only graduated, but he did so with a 4.0. All that while working a full time job, raising two amazing kids, and dealing with a somewhat high demand wife.....pretty impressive. Not to mention the fact that all the basement drama came at the worst possible time as he was in the middle of finals. He's pretty amazing, you know! :-)
The following week was spent getting the house ready for his graduation party, which he insisted he didn't need, but I insisted on throwing anyway! We had a great time.
Last week I spent getting ready for my HUGE mom's group garage sale. Most years I have had my pricing done a month in advance, but with everything else going on it got pushed to the week of the sale. So, each evening I locked myself in our bedroom to price as much as I could after the kids went to bed. I also worked the sale this year so was in Johnston by 7 both Friday and Saturday. Even as active as the kids keep me, I was sore Friday night after being on my feet for close to 12 hours. Thankfully my wonderful husband was willing to rub my sore legs and feet for a good hour! Saturday was a much lighter work load, but still a workout. I'm so glad I volunteered, though, and hope to do it again next year. It was tough work, but so much fun!
This week we are finally (almost) back to normal. We've got our usual three days of preschool and one day of library time as well as a church picnic last night and dance on Thursday night. I do have an extra toddler running around the house, but Bentley and Collin play so well together that its been nice. They are even playing well enough for me to get this far in this post without stopping once....amazing!
So, now you are updated. I'll try to be better about blogging now that we are somewhat back to normal, but you know how it goes!

No comments:
Post a Comment