Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July 30, 2013

Two Weeks!

Today I realized that we have two very short weeks until Sophia starts KINDERGARTEN!  That's right, two weeks from tomorrow I will be dropping her off for her first day of elementary school.  No matter what the weather you can expect to see me in big sunglasses just in case there are tears.

Sophia is "excited, but a little bit scared" according to her, which I think is the perfect way to describe it.  She is excited to go to the "big school" and meet new friends, but is worried about learning the rules and eating her lunch quick enough.  This week we started practicing packing foods I would normally send to school with her and serving them in her lunch containers.  Today she even got to take her insulated lunch box on a picnic!

We are all set to go back to school shopping Thursday afternoon to get all her supplies and a first day of school outfit.  She is really excited, but I don't think she realizes we have to stick to a list and not just get whatever supplies she wants.  ;-)

No comments: