Image and video hosting by TinyPic

May 7, 2014

Sophia is SIX!!

I know, I know, I'm late getting this up, but better late than never.  I think I'm just in denial that my baby girl could actually be six so I didn't want to blog about it!  

Its true, though, Sophia turned six at the end of March.  Her actual birthday was a normal day for her as she had school, but she did get to be the special helper and I even splurged and let her bring cookies for a treat.  (I'm usually the mom who sends healthy snacks for the class, not surprising to anyone who actually knows me.)  After school we shipped her off for an evening of spoiling with Aunt Crystal and Uncle Ryan so we could go to a church event, but the next day was all about her!  She got a party at Chuck E Cheese (see the previous post) and had a blast.

I seem to say it every year, but its amazing how much she matures with each birthday.  We are finally, mostly, out of the whiny, over-dramatic phase, although when she is tired or extremely frustrated we still see glimpses of it.  She has a check list to do every morning and does it without complaint, usually completing all her tasks and being 100% ready for school a good 30 minutes before we need to leave.  She has recently started asking for time alone in her room, which is nice and sad all at once.  I can just see those 15-20 minutes stretching to hours as she gets older!  She is almost always helpful with her brother and absolutely always helpful with Bentley.  This past year she has also started taking an interest in sewing and has helped me make a couple dresses for her American Girl doll.

As far as stats, she is still super healthy, but small!  She stands 41.25 inches tall (1%) and weighs 40 pounds (20%).  Dr Beebe was happy with those numbers and especially happy with how healthy she is and how much she loves healthy, real foods instead of junk food.

She is now looking forward to the end of the school year and getting to spend lots of time outside running, playing, and riding her bike.  She is signed up for a cheerleading camp and swim lessons for the summer, but otherwise we plan to just do lots of impromptu play dates and have fun around time.  Of course, mom will also be implementing 30 minutes of study time each day to keep that budding brain fresh and ready for first grade!

No comments: