Image and video hosting by TinyPic

June 18, 2014

Urbandale Fire Station Tour

This morning my moms' group scheduled a tour of the Urbandale Fire Station.  Even though we had just been to the Waukee one we couldn't pass up an opportunity to see more fire trucks!  They did a fabulous job and we got to see a ladder truck, ambulance, the chief's SUV, a rescue truck, and a fire engine.  I must admit I didn't know the difference between all of them, but I do now.  One of the firemen even put on all his gear, including air tank, so the kids could see what it might look like if they had to come save us in a fire.  Each kid then got a chance to talk to him, touch his outfit, and give him a high five.  I think that was probably the most valuable part of the tour as I know how scary those big outfits can be to little kids!  The kids had a great time.








Checking out his fire suit

The whole group

No comments: