We are living up our last couple weekends of summer vacation and had a truly fabulous time this past weekend. Friday evening we stayed in and watched a family movie. Then, once the kids were in bed Brad and I enjoyed a grown up movie.
Saturday morning started out bright and early with donuts and coffee, followed by our annual trip to the zoo with two other couples and their children. We had so much fun and let the kids do all the things I usually reserve for times we have daddy along. We saw all the animals; fed the parakeets; rode the train, carousel, and camel; and fed the giraffes! After we were done we headed out for a nice picnic lunch and then home for naps at our separate houses. While the kids were napping Brad and I got in a tough workout and then got ready for a date night. We headed out to dinner at Exile Brewing and then over to The Continental Lounge to watch a church friend play his last show in town before heading off to college. It was a great evening and we really enjoyed it.
Sunday we slept in (thanks to Grandma getting up with the kids) and then headed to church. After a quick wardrobe change we headed out to our annual church picnic at a member's farm just outside of town. We had a great potluck and the kids enjoyed all the amenities, including wiffle ball, a giant slip and slide (150 feet if I heard correctly), a swimming pool, trampoline, swings, and several others. Brad and I had a chance to chat and catch up with friends who attend the other two services. By the time we were done mid afternoon we were all ready to come home, take baths, and just relax.
It really was an amazing weekend and I'm so glad we were able to fit it in. Thursday Brad is taking the day off to head over to Living History Farms and out school supply shopping. If the weather cooperates we are going to camp out in our back yard this weekend and try to get another beach day in. School starts for Sophia in just 9 short days already!

1 comment:
We had a fun time at the zoo as well! The parakeets were new to us (and actually really fun!)
Post a Comment