School started almost two weeks ago for both kiddos and they are both off to a great start. Sophia got one of the teachers she really wanted and has three old friends in her class. She also has made a couple new friends, which doesn't surprise me at all. This morning, I shared this status on Facebook: Proud mom moment: Sophia's teacher called to check in last night and give us a report of how the first week and a half has gone. I heard the usual of she's a good listener, she's polite, and she was a bit teary and tired last week, but what made my heart soar was hearing that she befriended a little girl who is new to the school and was worried she wouldn't make friends. Apparently Sophia told this little girl they could be best friends all year so she would always have at least one friend here. I couldn't care less if my kids are the smartest, fastest, or coolest, being the KINDEST is so much more important.
Of course, when I asked Sophia about it she said it was true, but that it wasn't a big deal, she would want someone to be her friend if she was new to the school. Be still my heart, that girl is TOO sweet! I hope she never loses that kind, friendly spirit of hers.
Collin is also doing well. The start of last school year was tough, with lots of tears, but this year he has been so very excited every single day. We have also bumped into a few of his preschool friends around town and he thinks that is just the coolest thing EVER!
![]() |
Why are his arms like that, you ask? Well, because he was just about to do THIS:
![]() |
| I didn't even ask them to hold hands, they just did! |
Unfortunately for me, the day after school started I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. The surgery itself went well, but I seem to be taking longer to bounce back than I expected. The entire first week my mom was here, thank goodness, and while I was never in terrible pain, I was super tired and sore. This week my stitches are bothering me and I am still having lingering nerve issues. Nerve damage is a somewhat common side effect of having your bottom wisdom teeth out and I'm one of the lucky ones who got it. So, the right half of my bottom lip and gums was completely numb until two days ago. Now, its got a burning sensation at all times, particularly when I touch it. On top of that, I'm pretty sure my teeth are trying to move so I've got constantly achy teeth. I know, I know, quit whining already! Honestly, I'm grateful to have good dental insurance and access to good oral surgeons, but I'm used to my pain free healthy lifestyle. Before I know it I will be back to normal and will hopefully forget about all of this. :-)








No comments:
Post a Comment