Image and video hosting by TinyPic

February 25, 2008

Big, Healthy Baby

We have officially started our weekly appointments with the OB, which means we are on the home stretch. And its a good thing, too, since baby is measuring in the 72 percentile. Basically, that means that she is somewhere around 7 to 7.5 pounds already with the potential to gain another 2 pounds if we make it to 40 weeks. This could definitely level off and we could end up with a perfectly average sized child, but with Brad's birth weight bordering on10 pounds its quite possible we will have a big baby.

I still have extra fluid, but Dr. Shaw is really not concerned as she cannot see anything potentially worrisome as the cause. Some women just have extra fluid and I'm one of the lucky ones (sarcasm??) that gets to carry a large baby AND extra fluid........oh the joys!! Seriously, though, I'm really surprised, as I expected to be much more uncomfortable by this stage and am GRATEFUL that I am as comfortable as I am. Yes, I risk tipping over and not being able to get myself back up off the floor, but if it means a healthy baby I'm all for it!!! As far as the extra fluid, the only worry right now is preterm labor, but with baby measuring ahead they wouldn't stop me even if I did go into labor tomorrow because she is a healthy and viable weight already and will just be adding fat in the next couple weeks. Crazy to think we could potentially have a baby any day now.....Maybe the girls at work who kept saying I wouldn't make it to full term were right.....Or maybe I will still go over and be the size of a Hummer by the time little one gets here!

Okay, off to panic about all the things we have left to do just in case she does decide to make an early appearance.

Hugs and kisses!!
LuCinda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucinda--Mavis forwarded your blog so I too could see how adorable you are pregnant! You are just too cute!!!! I'm so excited for both you and Brad and can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little girl. I'll be praying for all of you:) Martha Hulst (Crystal's goofy aunt)

LittleRed said...

I can't believe how you have changed since we left. We finally got on the blog and we both got to see the changes. How cute you look. Keep up the good spirits. Love you, Mom and Dad