My long Labor Day weekend started out early Friday morning with an awesome run with my friend Stacey. She is a much more advanced runner than I am, but has no problem slowing down for me so we have been running together for about three weeks now. Friday we managed a full three miles in under 30 minutes. I'm not sure of the exact time as I was slow starting my watch, but I'm guessing right around 28.
After that it was off to the park for a play date and then back home to get all packed up for the annual Labor Day camping trip to Mom and Dad's. Brad stayed home Friday and Saturday to finish up his school project so it was just Sophia and I in the tent Friday evening and it was downright cold. Or at least it was for me, she seemed to enjoy it! Saturday we got to work on the park cleanup that we were doing as a thank you to the city of Beaver for letting us use the community center free of charge after Daddy passed away. It was hard work, but we got so much accomplished and it was nice to see the park at least partway back to where it was in the good old days. Sunday we finished up work there and got a few things done around the house as well. Monday was spent relaxing and packing up to come home. It was so nice to spend a long weekend with family, but I was glad to be home in my own bed Monday evening. Its always said to close out the camping season, though.
The good news is that cooler weather means easier runs. Stacey and I hit the road again this morning and kicked some butt in an actual 5k course (3.2 miles). Of course, I didn't have my watch with me, but I know we were making good time because even after running and then talking for a good while I was still back in my car by 6:40. The forecast says rain for the rest of the week so I'll be hitting up the treadmill, but hopefully we can give it another go next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment