Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 25, 2010

While Daddy's Away....

....Sophia will play. Last Saturday morning was a busy one. Sophia and I got up bright and early to get ready to go to the Panera/CFI Princess Party at Jordan Creek. Sophia had a blast meeting all the princesses, eating a great breakfast, and getting her hair and nails done. The money goes to a great cause and it truly is a fun time. Unfortunately, the glitter they put in her hair still isn't completely out! Immediately following the party we had to meet Mom and Brad at a gas station and take him to the airport for a 10 day work conference in Las Vegas. Sounds fun, right? Not really, they've kept him so busy he has barely had any time to enjoy the city. I know we are all missing each other and can't wait for him to come home on Tuesday morning.

Sophia and I have been keeping busy, though. Monday we went to Williamsburg as I mentioned before. Tuesday was an ENT follow up (the tubes are still in and look great) and some mommy-daughter shopping. Wednesday and Thursday we played at home. Friday was library story time and the park and then Harper's first birthday party in the evening. Sophia was so excited to get to pick out a present for Harper and bring it to her. She looked so cute carrying it I just had to snap a picture:

This morning we were supposed to head back to Perry for Hannah and Hailey's soccer games, but got rained out. Instead grandma treated us (well grandma and me) to some coffee and we drove around a bit. Sophia was disappointed about missing the soccer games, but quickly decided a morning at home watching Aladdin was almost as good! This afternoon we are headed out to our friend Leighann's wedding.

On the running front, I took the plunge and wore the new shoes outside on my run yesterday and they are still a GO so I will be returning the other two pairs this coming week. It was really hard wearing my nice, pretty, new shoes outside and risking getting them dirty, though!

No comments: