Image and video hosting by TinyPic

December 9, 2010

Car Trouble

On my way home from having lunch with Brad today my car died going down University.  Thankfully I was out of the heavy traffic and actually about five blocks from my usual turn to get home.  I called Brad immediately to come rescue me!  The poor guy got stuck pushing my car into the church I stopped in front of, which was only about 20 feet away.  When I thought the old Contour was dead for good I felt true sadness.  I love my car and though I lust after those nice, shiny new CX-9s I will miss the old girl when it comes time to turn her over.  Thankfully, it just appears the gas gage is off in the old girl after 11 years.  Yep, I ran out of gas.  Yep, I feel like an idiot.  However, I am so ecstatic that it was a relatively easy fix that I don't mind.  I've been telling people for a year that she's going to make it to 200,000 miles (currently at 149,850-ish) and I am still standing behind that! I'll just make sure she's got at least a half-full tank from now on. :-)

So in light of my ongoing love for my car I'd like to do something new.  Some bloggers call it a Thursday 13, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it going past this week.

13 reasons I LOVE my car:
1.  It was the very first car I ever bought completely on my own.  No one helped me find it, inspect it, or pay for it!
2.  She has been with me for 11 years this coming February.  Definitely the longest relationship I've had outside of family!
3.  Despite her age she has been amazingly inexpensive, only once requiring a significant repair, which was about $600.  She's also paid off and costs me an annual registration fee of $35.  Talk about budget friendly!!!
4.  She drives just as well as the day I bought her, albeit a little louder.
5.  I fit in her as if the seat was customized to me......although maybe after this long I've just indented it just right!
6.  Silver is the perfect car color.  It doesn't show dust in the summer or grime in the winter.
7.  Chicks dig scars and she's got plenty!
8.  This Monday having a car that I knew probably saved me from a nasty car accident.
9.  Two carseats fit easily rear facing in the backseat.  How many small cars can claim that?
10.  Okay, so they probably only fit because I'm so short, but I don't care!
11.  Brad barely fits in my car and therefore never wants to borrow her so she's all mine.
12.  Today was the first time she has ever died on me where I couldn't pop her into neutral and start her right back up.
13.  She KNOWS when its not me driving and is just as finicky as I am.

LuCinda

No comments: