Image and video hosting by TinyPic

December 8, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards

Although I'm not a political person, I have been caught up in the Elizabeth Edwards story over the past year or so, especially upon her passing this week.  I often feel "cheated" that I only got 29 years with my Daddy where my siblings got many more, however, Elizabeth's youngest children were not yet even in their teens.  It makes my heart ache for them, but also reminds me how grateful I should be that I DID get those years with my dad.  The pain of losing him is still very raw, especially with the holidays coming up, but I really should be focusing on the blessing of having him in my life for as long as I did.  So in honor of Dad every time I hear Merry Christmas today I will be saying a very jolly "Bah Humbug" back!

No comments: