Image and video hosting by TinyPic

December 29, 2010

Is the World Ready for Another Baby Beltman?

I sure hope so, because there's one on the way!!  That's right, we are pregnant and due July 19.  We finally told the family this past weekend over Christmas so I can safely come clean on here.  I'm officially 11 weeks 1 day today and we are beyond excited and can't wait to introduce Sophia to her new baby brother or sister this summer.  She is all about babies lately and wants to help so much so it should be fun!  I've been keeping a "secret" blog throughout so here are my past entries now revealed to the world!


8 weeks 3 days
Even though no one will be reading this for a while, as we are still keeping things under wraps, I wanted to get a log going of this pregnancy just as I did with Sophia. 

From the beginning: We found out on November 12 that we were expecting baby #2.  My cycles have been crazy ever since having Sophia so I wasn’t convinced I even needed to test, but Mom and Brad both knew (as well as my friend Christi).  So I tested first thing in the morning and got a faint line.  Since I was out running errands anyway I decided to buy another test “just in case”.  I planned to wait until Saturday morning to take it, but of course couldn’t wait.  This time there was no doubt!  I sent Brad a text confirming and bounced around the house.  I know some people were concerned that we would never have another as I seemed “nonchalant” about it, but I truly felt that if God wanted us to have another we would.  I put it safely in His hands and left it at that.   Apparently we were meant to have another!  Ask me about the odds of us getting pregnant the two months we did (once with Sophia and once this time) obviously it was out of our hands all along!  J

So far I’m feeling excellent.  I’ve had some passing nausea and food aversion, but nothing like some friends have gone through and definitely nothing like the stomach bug I had with Sophia.  I’m also more fatigued this time around, but I think chasing around a toddler all day plays a large part in that.  Honestly, my most annoying symptoms has been that I am cold ALL THE TIME.  I even went out and bought a set of long johns and have been wearing them under my clothes almost daily. 

We had our first appointment this past Wednesday and got to have an ultrasound and see the little peanut and the heartbeat at 173 beats per minute.  Its just as amazing as it was the first time around!  We did see a new OB this week and both really liked her so we scheduled our next appointment with her as well.  The ultrasound put our official due date at July 19, which means sometime the week before that we will schedule our c-section.  My OB practice doesn’t schedule before 39 weeks, which I’m grateful for because I am terrified of having an early baby.   So get ready world, here comes another Beltman!!!

December 16, 2010
9 weeks 2 days
I’m feeling good this week.  I’m still freezing and sleeping with extra blankets and socks on, but the nausea is virtually gone and the fatigue has even let up.  I do keep having to remind myself to lay down when Sophia takes her nap, though, as otherwise I end up too tired by the end of the day.  I think my niece Tonia may have figured us out the other night, as she flat out asked if I was pregnant and when I skirted around the issue she called me on it and kept asking.  I finally told her “when I have news to share I’ll share it”.  I think we’re busted, though!  The plan is to start telling family on Christmas day so she doesn’t have long to wait! 

December 19, 2010
9 weeks 5 days
I remember being just barely pregnant with Sophia and thinking I was already showing.  I knew no one could see it except me, but I was just certain I had a tiny baby bump.  Today I got that same feeling, only its not a tiny baby bump.  I seriously look pregnant.  Even Brad agrees.  I’m not sure if its just super bloat for a day or what, but we will see what tomorrow brings!  I actually went out yesterday in regular clothes and felt perfectly normal, this morning I got dressed for church and felt perfectly pregnant…..strangest thing! 

December 21, 2010
10 weeks
Well, I broke out the maternity jeans today.  I went to get dressed and only one pair of my regular jeans actually fit comfortably (and that pair is too long to wear when walking the mall/Walmart).  Man, are these things comfy!  I’m sure its just a fluke for the day, but after reading some message boards with other second time moms they all seem to be switching early as well.  Hopefully this doesn’t mean I’ll end up bigger than I was with Sophia……is that even possible?!?!  Please tell me its not!!!!

December 24, 2010
10 weeks 3 days
Merry Christmas Eve!  We had a fabulous evening of church, driving around to look at lights, and then coming home to open one gift each.  Sophia got a fridge magnet toy that helps her form words, Brad got a nice, comfy winter robe, and I got a new watch!!!  I’d say we are all more than satisfied.  I’m getting excited to tell Brad’s family tomorrow, but at the same time I’m oddly nervous.  We’re breaking the news by putting a t-shirt on Sophia and just waiting to see how long it takes for someone to read it, which should be fun.  In conjunction, my mom will take a picture of Sophia in said t-shirt and show it off to my brothers and their wives tomorrow at that Christmas.  We are also telling Sophia for the first time tomorrow morning.  Lately she has been OBSESSED with all things baby so I’m hoping she will be excited, but who knows what you’ll get with a two year old.   

And if you've made it this far, some pictures: 
8 weeks

9 weeks
10 weeks and definitely bigger than I was with Sophia


11 weeks
Sophia in her Big Sister shirt

1 comment:

The Family said...

I loved reading Baby Beltman's story thus far. You look so cute! Hope it all continues to go well and we cannot wait to see you.