Yesterday I was reminded of just how precious my babies are. A "mommy friend" of mine lost her infant son in his sleep on Sunday night. He was a happy, healthy, chubby little boy with the most amazing blue eyes and we had just had the privilege of meeting him for the first time a few weeks ago. On top of the usual heartbreak you feel whenever you hear of someone losing a child, it brought back memories for me of losing Piper. While I'm sure its not the same as losing your own child I know that she, like me, will never forget that moment when she saw him and realized what had happened. My arms still remember just how Piper felt as I carried her to call 911. We were lucky that we had almost two years with precious Piper, as she only had months with her little man.
So the next time Sophia is tugging on my arm as I try to get just a tiny bit more work done or Collin wakes me up for some snuggles or a feeding in the middle of the night I will remember just how grateful I am for those interruptions as life is just too precious to take for granted.

No comments:
Post a Comment