Image and video hosting by TinyPic

October 30, 2011

Taking the Plunge

The entire time I was pregnant with Collin I dreamed of the day I could get back to running.  Literally, I dreamed about that awesome post-run euphoria despite the fact that 90% of the time I hate running while its actually happening.  Since Collin was born in July I have run exactly one time.  Yep, once.  So much for getting right back into it.  Well, tomorrow that all changes.  I'm taking the plunge and jumping back on the treadmill tomorrow morning.  My plan is to start on week four of the Couch to 5k program and work my way back up to fully running three miles.  Ultimately, though, my goal is to train for a half marathon next spring and/or summer.  This will, of course, all rely on being able to maintain my supply while slowly upping my mileage.  With Sophia any form of exercise whatsoever caused a severe drop in my supply so I'm praying I'll have better luck this time around.  I'm hopeful this will work out since this time around I have a better supply in general and I'm also nursing directly instead of pumping, which is a more efficient way to control your supply.

So, pray for me in this journey and if you hear me complaining or contemplating skipping a run remind me how awesome it will be to say I completed 13.1 (and got the awesome t-shirt I am only allowing myself to buy if I actually complete one).  And if my supply tanks and I can't continue upping mileage do me a favor and pretend I never posted this.  Then, after I wean remind me daily that I posted this!  :-D

No comments: