My great sleeper has been doing some bouncing around with his sleep habits lately and last night was the worst night we have ever had. Seriously, even worse than the first couple nights after he was born! For the last two weeks or so we have been in a rotation of one night sleeping through the night, then a night getting up 2-3 times, and back and forth. Friday night he slept through the night so I was geared up for a couple wake-ups last night. Oh, boy, was I unprepared. As sound asleep as he was when I laid him in the bassinet at 10 he started fussing and grunting the minute he touched the mattress. So I picked him up, rocked him, and attempted to "top him off" with a quick nursing session. Out he went again. Then he was up at 12:30. Another feeding and back to sleep. At that point he slept roughly 15 minutes before waking up to talk to himself. He spent the next hour or so just babbling to himself while I tried to sleep through it, although really only dozed off and on. At 2:30 he had enough and started fussing. He didn't want to eat, he didn't need a diaper change, he didn't necessarily want to be cuddled. So downstairs we went for some Mommy-Collin time. Finally, at 4:30 he went back to sleep with me following shortly after. Unfortunately, Sundays don't offer the opportunity to sleep in if we want to go to church so my alarm went off at 6:30 am. Thank goodness for a breakfast of Mt Dew and Pop Tarts, which was the only reason I was even coherent during services.
Thankfully, I married an amazing man, who took over kid duty after lunch and let me take a nice, luxurious, completely uninterrupted two hour nap! True to form, Collin went down without a fight tonight, even putting himself to sleep in the bassinet when I laid him down awake. I know I risk jinxing myself by even typing that, but after last night I'm willing to risk it! Now I'm off to pump and hopefully get some more sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment