November 15, 2011
Colds
The annual fall cold rounds have hit the Beltman household. Sophia's been fighting a bit of a gunky nose for about three weeks, but nothing too serious. Last Monday, however, the cold hit me in full force. Sunday just before bed I commented that my throat was a little scratchy, but no big deal. Over the course of the night it went from scratchy to on fire and I woke up Monday morning absolutely miserable. So miserable, in fact, that I asked Brad to stay home from work so I could sleep, which is something that rarely happens. I proceeded to sleep most of the day with the rest spent lounging in bed whining. By evening I was feeling a bit better and we figured Brad could go back to work Tuesday. From there I slowly got better with just a lingering cough that is still plaguing me. Sophia got hit with the worse of it on Wednesday. She even considered missing preschool on Thursday, but in the end decided to tough it out. I think she finally kicked it yesterday. However, yesterday was the day it hit Collin. The stuffy nose started it all and he woke up at 5 this morning just miserable with not being able to breath. Hopefully the antibodies I've been giving him the whole time I've been sick will help him kick it quickly. So far Brad has been spared other than just feeling slightly more tired. Of course, that could also be because he is working his tail off at his full time job on top of taking a full load of classes! Usually he's the healthy one in the family, though, so maybe he'll get lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment