Image and video hosting by TinyPic

December 8, 2011

Bragging!

I must take a moment to brag about my beautiful, wonderful, super smart baby girl.  Yesterday she surprised me by counting to 20 on her own without missing a beat, whereas before she would say eleventeen instead of seventeen.  Color me impressed!  Well, that wasn't enough.  This morning she counted to 29 completely on her own and if you tell her the next set of tens (thirty, forty, etc) she can count to 49 on her own.  I'm guessing she could go higher, but at that point she lost interest.

Other recent accomplishments:

  • She can now make her bed on her own.
  • She brushes her teeth completely on her own, including opening the toothpaste, putting it on the brush, and putting the lid back on.  She does need help reaching the faucet to turn on the water, but with a step stool to reach she can do that on her own too.  
  • She can semi-legibly write her name on her own.  
  • She cuts in a straighter line than I do (okay, I may have flunked that unit in kindergarten). 
  • With prompting she will spell mommy, daddy, and Collin correctly most of the time.  
Tear, my baby girl is growing up.  

1 comment:

The Family said...

I love posts like these because in the future you can look back and see all the development milestones! Way to go, Sophia. She is a smart girl!