On Tuesday I took Collin in for his four month well visit. He weighed in at 10 pounds 3 ounces (1%) and measured 23 3/4 inches long (4%) although I'm not sure that measurement is right since one time the nurse got 23 and the second she got 23 3/4, while at home I had over 24. Either way, he's growing! Dr Beebe is happy with his weight as he is still holding steady on his first percentile curve. We discussed his dairy intolerance/allergy and while we were initially considering testing out some dairy in the next month or two have decided to hold off. The couple of times I have gotten some cross contamination or very well hidden dairy he has reacted almost immediately so we know his little system just isn't ready for that challenge just yet. We did, however, discuss starting solids between now and 6 months, which she is leaving up to us. Collin is showing some signs of being ready (excessive drooling, bringing things to his mouth, staring at and grabbing our food) but is also missing some (absence of tongue thrust reflex, sitting up) so for now we are holding off. I'm thinking within the next month it will be time, though.
Dr Beebe is also happy with his developmental milestones, a few of which he displayed in the office for her. Namely, he is rolling over from tummy to back, cooing, laughing, reaching for and grasping items, and holding himself up off the floor while on his tummy. He is also very close to going from back to tummy, which he spent Monday night attempting to do in his sleep!
He got his second round of shots and his reaction in the office was exactly the same with a quick cry as the shot was being given, but immediately calming down once I picked him up. That afternoon, however, he was fussy and clingy and only wanted to sleep, but insisted on being held while doing so. He didn't sleep well that night either, but as of yesterday was showing improvement. Today he is back to his normal self.

No comments:
Post a Comment