Is that song David Bowie song "Changes" going through your head after reading that title? Because it sure is mine!
We've had a couple weeks of changes around here. First, on December 12 Collin started solids for the first time. After lots of consideration and research I decided to skip right over infant cereal and go straight for avocado. I chose avocado because it is packed full of nutrients, including tons of healthy fat, and is really easy to prepare while still being easy on little tummies. To say Collin loved it would be an understatement. I didn't want to give him too much the first couple times as we wanted to make sure solids didn't overwhelm his tummy, but the kid would have kept eating it all day if I let him. He has now had avocado, banana, and applesauce. I'm going to make some sweet potatoes up tomorrow to start as well. His least favorite was the banana by far and he still very much loves the avocado. The plan was to stick with one serving of solids per day for a while, but whenever we sit down to eat he fusses wanting some. Tonight he threw an all out fit until I gave him some applesauce. So, it looks like we are up to two servings a day already.
Last week we also took all of Sophia's bathroom items and put them into the Hawkeye bathroom on a whim. We put up a stool in front of the sink so she can reach to turn the water on and off by herself and she is finally tall enough to get herself on and off the potty alone. She now insists on only using that bathroom to get ready, brush her teeth, or go potty (if we are on the second floor). She has never minded brushing her teeth, but now that she can do it in her own bathroom she asks to brush them three or four times a day! Since Thanksgiving she has also been waking up dry each morning. This morning she surprised me by asking if she could sleep in underwear tonight instead of her usual Pull-Up. I'm a little hesitant, but since she is excited about it we let her have a go of it. I layered her bed up with a spare shower curtain, her regular mattress pad, a beach towel, and then her sheet just in case there's an accident overnight.
The biggest change is actually yet to come, but after eleven years Brad is leaving Farm Bureau. He has accepted a position with Buccaneer and will start with them on January 9. I have to say its a bit scary, but he is so excited about the new position and getting to do exactly what he loves so I can't help but be excited for him as well. He also just got the last of his final grades for his first semester working on his Masters degree and he got a 4.0 GPA. I can't tell you all how proud I am of him. To pull that off with four classes while working full time and taking care of the kids is amazing!
I'm working on getting the video of Collin's first solids uploaded, but once its up I'll post a link and/or video here. And here you go:

1 comment:
All wonderful changes! Avocado was (and still is) one of Ellie's favorite foods.
Post a Comment