Image and video hosting by TinyPic

May 23, 2012

New Toys

This week I went out and bought myself a few new toys.  I find that I'm reluctant to spend money on myself even if its something I really want and/or need so this week I remedied that.  Of course I got great deals, though!

First, on Saturday I found out I had snagged an amazing deal on a barely-used Garmin Forerunner 405 off Ebay.  The listing said it was slightly used and had a few "wear marks" on it, but I got it in the mail today and the thing is in mint condition!  Usually the watch retails for just over $200 and I walked away with it for only $60!!!!  I couldn't be happier.  Well, I'll be happier when its done charging and I can play with it!  :-D





On Monday I ventured out to try to find new running shoes.  There are two serious running stores in town and neither carries a large selection of size 6 shoes, which is what I need to run in (normal shoes are a 5).  I went out hoping to at least get to compare a couple pairs.  Fitness Sports didn't disappointed and had a whopping 3 pairs in my size!  So I tried on and compared a pair of Nikes, Asics, and Brooks.  Much to my surprise, the Brooks Ghost 4 won out.  They are nice and roomy for my troublesome toe and lightweight, but still nicely cushioned.  I've taken them for a couple runs and they still feel great!  The best part is that they are last season's colors so I got them on sale.  Can't beat that!


I also snagged a duo dry C9 top on clearance at Target for only $8, but that's not nearly as exciting.  Although, without intending to, I did pick the one that perfectly matches my new shoes!  I do love pink!

No comments: