Image and video hosting by TinyPic

October 26, 2012

Twinkle, Twinkle

Each night as I carry Collin up to bed I sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to him.  Its just part of his bedtime routine and really seems to calm him down and get him ready to sleep.  Unfortunately, that means that if he hears the song outside of bedtime he melts down thinking we are going to make him go to sleep!  The other day we were all playing and I was singing random songs.  Without thinking I start in on "Twinkle, Twinkle".  Big mistake, HUGE!!  His little face crumpled and he just sobbed uncontrollably.  Even picking him up didn't help, as he thought we were going to walk to his room.  Its also happened at library story time, poor kid.

1 comment:

The Family said...

Super sweet that you have your own special bed-time song. Sad that it made him cry.