After having two separate doctors yell at me for still being at work and threaten to send me to the ER for IV fluids, I think I'm finally feeling better. I finally had enough of being sick on Thursday and called my doctor. The regular office referred me to the OB, who gave me some nice home remedies to try. Of course, the nurse first lectured me on how dangerous it was to be so sick and still at work instead of at home resting. I knew I was getting dehydrated, but she honestly seemed concerned about it and was VERY adamant that I take some time off to rest and replenish. She also recommended getting an appointment with my regular doctor just to make sure everything was okay since they couldn't get me in. So I called the regular office and got an appointment for Friday morning (first available). I got what I could done and left work early on Thursday (ask me how excited my boss was about that!). I tried the nifty home remedies the OB's office gave me and they helped, but I still felt like a big turd so I went in to the doctor on Friday morning. He then lectured me AGAIN about how dehydrated I was and informed me that even one more episode of getting sick should send me to the ER immediately for IV fluids. He also gave me something straight from Heaven----Zofran. Yep, it cost $50 some odd dollars for just 30 pills, but it was worth every penny. After just the first dose I was feeling better already and kept some crackers and toast down. After a second dose I was actually able to eat a somewhat normal meal for supper. I don't think I've ever loved food as much as I did last night! It's hard on a girl to go four days with essentially no food and very little to drink. So now I'm feeling better, although I'm still trying to be careful what I eat so I don't do too much too fast. I'm also drinking Powerade like its nobody's business trying to replenish. So far so good, though!
And NO, IT WASN'T MORNING SICKNESS! I had two different people at work ask me this (and they don't know I'm pregnant), but I assure you that morning sickness doesn't involve a high fever and lethargy like that. Its a stomach bug, people. Several coworkers had it before I got it and they aren't pregnant, so LET IT GO! Okay, there's my mini-vent--thanks for listening!
Love you all!
LuCinda

No comments:
Post a Comment