Image and video hosting by TinyPic

August 11, 2007

Big news!

One week ago tomorrow Brad and I found out we are expecting our first baby. It's a little ahead of schedule, but we are both very excited. I decided to try blogging throughout the pregnancy not only to keep my own thoughts organized, but also to give our family and friends a chance to keep up on what's going on, if they chose to, especially since we are located so far away from some of them.

Its been quite a whirlwind this week of making doctor's appointments, dreaming of the nursery, and creating a wish list of things we will want/need once the baby gets here. I am now 7 weeks along and am feeling pretty good so far. I had a couple days of feeling irpy, and have been having some food aversions, but so far so good. I'm also getting some mild cramping, but am told that is perfectly normal and that it is just my body adjusting to a new little being. According to the pregnancy calendar I've been reading "Rasputin" is about the size of a small raspberry right now--Pretty crazy!!! I am having some problems getting to sleep at night, as I feel HORRIBLY bloated by the end of the day, but usually after turning over a couple times I can find a comfortable position and drift off to a good nights sleep. Its a good thing, too, because I am tired as heck and having a busy week at work didn't help last week! Too bad this coming week is going to be even worse. I do have to give a shout-out to Ryan and Crystal for the EXCELLENT chili and grilled cheese sandwiches on Wednesday, though, as that was the best meal I've had in quite some time. I'm definitely going to have to request Ryan freeze some of that for me for after we deliver next year!!!! Please, Ryan, pretty please?!?!?!

1 comment:

LittleRed said...

What a nickname for our newest grandchild. Is Ryan's chili better than Mom's Ha,Ha