Image and video hosting by TinyPic

March 29, 2009

Happy Birthday and First Steps!

Yesterday was Sophia's first birthday and we had a GREAT day! She was in a good mood all day and did really well despite having 24 people crammed into her space. It took her a couple bites, but she smashed into her cake just as expected and loved every bite. She got lots of great presents (thanks again everyone!) and had a blast playing with them one by one last night.

Today Brad and I went and picked up her "big girl" carseat to go into my car and I got that installed. We even took her for a test drive in it to McDonald's for supper. I will be making an appointment this week to have the police department check it, but I think my mom and I did a good job, even if I do say so myself. :-)

This evening Sophia also took her first steps all by herself. We were all going about our business while she played on the living room floor and pretty soon Grandpa Wenger said "hey, hey, look" and there she was standing in the middle of the room all by herself. Brad held out his hands and she took two little steps over to him. She repeated once more, but then was done for the night. We all made such a big deal out of it and you KNOW how she loves attention so I'm sure we will have repeat performances! So very exciting!!!

Okay, time for this old lady to go to bed after all the excitement of the weekend. Love to all.
LuCinda

No comments: