Image and video hosting by TinyPic

March 5, 2009

The Night Nothing Went Right

Yesterday was a good day. Sophia woke up happy and stayed that way all morning. She got drowsy during lunch and actually slept for a whopping hour and a half in the afternoon. Again, she woke up happy and we played and even went on a walk to the pharmacy. She loves walks. We got home from our walk and I started prepping supper. On a side note, I am really enjoying buying in bulk as I very rarely don't have everything I need right in my pantry for supper. I put supper in the oven without a hitch. Brad was going to be a bit late so I went ahead and pulled some of the tater tot casserole aside for Sophia and fed her about 5:00. Brad got home about 5:30 and I pulled supper out of the oven to set it on the table. This is where things started going wrong.

As I went to set my square Pyrex pan on the table CRASH!!! I don't think I dropped it, but it went crashing to the table. Glass and tater tot casserole flew everywhere! I started tearing up (don't ask why) and Brad came running to my rescue thinking I was hurt. I was fine, thankfully, but just couldn't figure out what happened. Brad thinks there was a crack in the bottom of the pan after using it so many times and it just gave way and broke finally. So Brad attempts to contain Sophia and Sweetpea while I clean up as much as I can. He also went ahead and called Casey's to come to our rescue with a pepperoni and hamburger pizza.

Anyway, I get everything cleaned up and Brad heads out to Casey's to pick up our pizza and a couple sodas. After this we figured we deserved them. He gets back and, lo and behold, they sent us the wrong kind of pizza. He offered to go back, but we just went ahead and ate it anyway.

The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful. Some play time with Sophia, a bottle and book for her, and then off to bed without a hitch. I spent some time on the internet and then followed off to bed. Then our trouble started again about 3:00 am. Sophia woke up and it took about 30 minutes to get her back down. And then again at 4:00. Oh, and then again at 5:00! After that she managed to stay in bed and actually slept in until 7:45 (thank goodness!).

So far today is off to a great start. We went for a walk at Gray's Lake and met Brad back home for lunch. Now I'm just waiting for her to tire out and get ready for her nap so I can get some more work done around the house. Hopefully we have a better evening than last night, though!

LuCinda

No comments: