Image and video hosting by TinyPic

August 18, 2010

Budget Score!

About every six months I feel the urge to do a budget review and see if I can squeeze any more pennies out of our bank account. Usually this means looking over our bills and seeing if there are any cheaper options out there. Last week we decided to look into refinancing our house since interest rates have once again dropped to record lows. In doing this we are looking at potentially saving $250 a month while still paying off our loan in the same amount of time (potentially even a few months earlier). Depending on where our appraisal comes back we may save even more! This got me thinking about everywhere else we could squeeze some extra cash out! So I set out this morning to save some money. So far I've saved $5 on our cell phone bill by bundling it with our other Qwest options and $22 on our internet. Not too shabby for a morning at home!

Now I just have to wait for the bank to get our appraisal done so I can finalize those numbers in my budget! Happy budget day everyone!!

1 comment:

The Family said...

I love doing this! We dropped our Netflix down and saved a whopping $2 a month. I know it isn't much- but it is better than leaving the $2 sit in Blu Rays on the counter for 2 weeks.